Electronic Data Interchange
We always want to work with businesses in a way that makes sense.
We provide a few different billing options, with the flexibility for you to choose which one works for your business. As well as paper billing and consolidated billing, we offer electronic data interchange (EDI) billing
EDI enables billing data to be sent directly from one computer system to another, eliminating paper, speeding up processing times and cutting costs associated with manual processing.
How would this benefit you?
- It can speed up your processing time.
- It can cut the cost and time associated with manual processing.
- Instant access to accurate billing data
- As paper is eliminated, it also improves your environmental credentials
What type of business would benefit?
- In order to benefit from EDI, you must be a business customer with 10 or more sites within Welsh Water’s operating area of Wales and Herefordshire.
- You also must be able to receive and process TRADACOMS 26 version 3 protocol.
- This isn’t suitable for trade effluent accounts.
How to apply
If you’re interested in EDI, please complete the EDI application form below. Or if you have any questions please contact our Commercial Billing Team at:
Frequently Asked Questions
EDI, also known as Electronic Data Interchange enables billing data to be sent directly from one computer to another, eliminating paper, speeding up processing times and cutting costs associated with manual processing.
Monthly, before the 7th of each month.
No. The EDI message is the invoice and replaces the paper bill.
Yes, subject to the EDI Terms & Conditions you may revert back to paper billing.
Yes, if you meet the eligibility criteria in order to apply for EDI billing, we can then work with you to agree the accounts that are suitable.
Yes. You can contact the Commercial Billing Team at email@example.com and ask for further information.
No, EDI is the computer-to-computer transfer of invoices between two organisations using an agreed industry standard. Consolidated billing does not meet this criteria, but if you are interested in finding out more about consolidated billing please contact us at Consolidated.Billing@dwrcymru.com
If you haven't been able to find the information you are looking for here, you can contact the Commercial Billing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
EDI Terms and Conditions